It's holiday season, and in the food blogging world that means only one thing: Menu for Hope.
Menu for Hope is an annual charity raffle hosted by Chez Pim for which food bloggers around the globe donate incredible food and drink-themed prizes. Proceeds from this year's auction will once again benefit the UN World Food Programme's school lunch programme in Lesotho.
You can help by choosing your favourite prizes, making a large donation here, then entering your raffle tickets in the draws for those prizes. For a complete list of prizes, including items from Canadian bloggers, visit the following sites:
Canada: Meena Agarwal of Hooked on Heat
US: West (Closer to SF than to NY.): Matt Armendariz of Matt Bites
U.S. East (Closer to NY than to SF.): Jaden Hair of Steamy Kitchen
Europe: Sara of Ms.Adventures in Italy
Asia Pacific, Australia, New Zealand: Ed Charles of Tomato
Special Wine Blog Host: Alder of Vinography
For complete information on how to make a donation, check out the instructions at the end of this post.
Rachel and I are proud to contribute an autographed copy of A Day at elBulli, the latest volume from Ferran Adria, the world's most famous chef. A Day at elBulli is a photo-essay of a service at elBulli interspersed with recipes, menus, and musings. Chef Adria autographed this copy during his visit to Toronto in October.
If you're looking for the perfect gift for the cookbook collector or molecular gastronomy geek in your life, look no further. Let it ride on prize CA02, the prize code for this autographed copy of a remarkable book that we will ship anywhere in Canada or the United States.
And please help a great cause in the process.
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope at http://www.chezpim.com/
2. Go to the donation site at http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhope5 and make a donation.
3. Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code.
For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02. Please write 2xEU01, 3xEU02
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.